Check_Openmanage configuration question

Daniel Ceola DCeola at twgi.net
Mon May 9 16:42:38 CEST 2011

Hello all!

I have a question regarding the initial configuration of check_openmanage.   I downloaded the version of the script dated Feb 9 (I don't see a version number in the script) and am attempting to use the script through SNMP.

I'm attempting to begin using check_openmanage with our Dell servers.  I have installed the Dell OMSA software on one server and it seems to be working just fine.  I configured my command definition in a simple fashion, according to the installation guide:

#  Dell Check openmanage
define command{
        command_name    check_openmanage
        command_line    $USER1$/check_openmanage -H $HOSTADDRESS$
        }

I also configured my service definition in a simple fashion, according to the installation guide:

define service{
        use                     generic-service
        host_name               Server_Name
        service_description     Dell OMSA
        check_command           check_openmanage
        }

However - my Nagios console is reporting the status as (null).  Also, when I attempt to run the script from the command line (note the file is saved as check_openmanage with no file extension, I also tried check_openmanage.pl and receive the same results), I receive a few errors

nagios at UbuntuTest:/usr/local/nagios/libexec$ ./check_openmanage 192.168.1.5
./check_openmanage: line 27: require: command not found
./check_openmanage: line 28: use: command not found
./check_openmanage: line 29: use: command not found
./check_openmanage: line 30: syntax error near unexpected token `('
./check_openmanage: line 30: `use POSIX qw(isatty ceil);'

I have searched online for a while now and come up mostly emptyhanded. If someone could point me in the correct direction to get this working, I would be most greatful!  I'm almost certain it is something stupid or simple that I have overlooked with setting this up.

Thanks,

Daniel Ceola
Systems & DB Admin

The Wills Group