Performing load tests with Nagios

chris at eehmke.de chris at eehmke.de
Thu May 5 20:32:33 CEST 2011

Hello,

I understand that Nagios is the perfect tool to monitor a network and the
state of each server. I got the task to run memory tests, cpu load tests and
network tests under high load conditions (i.e. put a quadcore processor to
100% load on each core) and monitor the temperature and other parameters. Is
Nagios with suitable plugins a solution? At the moment a proprietary framework
is planned for this project, but it turns out that it is not extendable for
custom requirements. I need some good arguments to convince my project leader.

Cheers, Chris