Check WMI Plus Ini Files (Client-less checking of Windows)

Matthew Jurgens nagiosusers at edcint.co.nz
Thu May 5 13:56:08 CEST 2011

Hi,

I've written a Nagios plugin that performs many Windows checks directly
from Linux without any Windows proxy ie a client-less Window checking
plugin called check_wmi_plus (see
http://exchange.nagios.org/directory/Plugins/Operating-Systems/Windows/WMI/Check-WMI-Plus/details)

Now, I'm about to release a feature that allows the use of a .ini file
where users can configure their own WMI based checks without having to
program. I've attached a sample of what the ini file looks like.

What I see happening with ini files is that users will create their own
checks and can share them with each other. I'd like to create a place
where users can post their ini files and other users can download them.

I'm trying to think of the best way to do this. There are several
options that I've thought about -
- this mailing list
- a forum somewhere
- a site using some content management system like Drupal, Joomla etc
- a custom built site

The unstructured ones eg mailing list, are simple, but make it harder to
find details.
As well as users sharing with each other, I can take the some of the
posted checks and place them in the release version of the ini file.

It would be good to put them somewhere that is already Nagios related
where where users already have logins (who needs another set of login
details!)  to allow posting and I'm looking for ideas on the best place
to make this stuff available.

Please reply with ideas/recommendations?

Thanks
--
Smartmon System Monitoring <http://www.smartmon.com.au>
www.smartmon.com.au <http://www.smartmon.com.au>