Donwtime_sched not working correctly

Jim Avery jim at jimavery.me.uk
Thu Mar 31 13:50:04 CEST 2011

On 23 March 2011 13:12, tom sturme <tom.sturme at live.nl> wrote:

> ________________________________
> From: tom.sturme at live.nl
> To: nagios-users-request at lists.sourceforge.net
> Subject: Donwtime_sched not working correctly
> Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 13:00:34 +0100
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to run downtime_sched 3.2 with nagios 3.2.2

That's interesting.  I'm on version .30 myself.  I must upgrade sometime!

> I've done the steps that are defined in the readme file.

I can't remember why, but I have the job running at 1 minute past 1
each morning in cron like so:

$ crontab -u nagios -l
  # m h  dom mon dow   command
  # Automated scheduled down-time for Nagios.
  01 01 * * * /usr/local/nagios/bin/downtime_job.pl >
/usr/local/nagios/var/downtime.log 2>&1

To be honest it's probably better if it runs later as you have it as
it might not run when the clocks change each year the way I have it.

Note that unlike the instructions in the README, I have it outputting
to a log file.  This is really helpful in seeing if the cron job is
working or not.  Give it a try, see what comes up in the log file the
next morning and if you're still stuck I'll take a closer look for
you.

Cheers,

Jim