check_snmp output unit conversion

Cameron Camp cameron at campworkz.com
Wed Mar 30 19:45:52 CEST 2011

I'm running a command like:

./check_snmp -H 1.2.3.4 -o .1.3.6.1.4.1.318.1.1.1.2.2.3.0 -w 15 -c 5 -l
'Runtime Remaining' -u 'Minutes'

on an APC UPS monitoring card, which outputs in seconds like:

SNMP CRITICAL - Runtime Remaining *132000* Minutes | Runtime
Remaining=132000

which is 22 minutes. If I divide the output by 6000 I get 22, how would
I adjust the output to give me this? I could do it with bash piping, but
suspect there's a better way to do it (and it might break something with
check_snmp command and the rest of nagios).

thx,
Cameron