Distributed Monitoring

Assaf Flatto nagios at flatto.net
Wed Mar 30 15:07:51 CEST 2011

Gerheim wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> I'm new on Nagios and nagios-users mailing list.
> I was looking for addons for Nagios but i didn't find one wich attends me.
> Let me explain my scenario. If someone could help me, i ll be grateful.
>
> I have one nagios central with centreon. I have another nagios
> (worker), with centreon, wich i want to configure some hots and
> hostgroups that i don't want to configure on nagios central. But i
> want to monitor workers host and hotsgroups with nagios central.
>
> Summarizing, when i manipulate hosts on workers i don't want to put in
> nagios central.
> I've found NCSA, DNX and Gearman but it don't help.
>
> Could anyone?
> Thanks!
>
> /Wallace Knopp de Menezes Gerheim/
Hello and Welcome.

For distributed nagios you want to start here
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/distributed.html

The main point that you will need to know is that in order for the
central nagios to see the hosts monitored by the worker , the definition
of the remote monitored hosts need to also be on the central nagios (
defined as passive checks and hosts) .

Nagios currently has no way of "detecting "the "child" hosts of the
worker and adding them to it's configuration , there for they have to be
defined on both servers ( with minor changes : active/passive) .

Assaf