statusmap.cgi will not install

Boblitz John John.Boblitz at BERTSCHI.com
Wed Mar 30 14:29:44 CEST 2011

Good Day,

I have installed nagios on my debian server and, except for the status
map - all seems to work as planned.

I searched on the forums and saw a similar problem indicating to check
the config logs and I found I didn't have
everything.  So I downlaoded the Boutelles GD tarball and installed as
per http://www.debianhelp.co.uk/nagiosinstall.htm

but I still ahve no  luck - statusmap.cgi refuses to be compiled.

I hope someone here can help.

What I have:

    debian squeeze for amd64 - patched to current
    gd-2.0.33.
    nagios-3.2.3.
    nagios-plugins-1.4.15

I've run ./configure with and without --enable-statusmap - doesn't seem
to make a difference.

the config.log however indicates (often!) that confdefs.h fails.

Significantly, it fails on:

configure:6502: checking for gdImagePng in -lgd (order 1)
configure:6535: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 conftest.c -lgd -lttf -lpng
-ljpeg -lz -lm >&5
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lttf
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure:6541: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h. */

[removed a bunch of declarations!]

| /* end confdefs.h. */
| /* Override any gcc2 internal prototype to avoid an error. */
| /* We use char because int might match the return type of a gcc2
| builtin and then its argument prototype would still apply. */
| char gdImagePng();
|
| int
| main ()
| {
| gdImagePng()
| ;
| return 0;
| }
configure:6568: result: no

Thanks in advance  ...

John

----

Who is General Failure, and why is he reading my hard disk?