Service check did not exit properly

JS jakob+nagios at f-prot.com
Tue Mar 29 16:09:34 CEST 2011

On 29.3.2011 13:01, Assaf Flatto wrote:
> JS wrote:
>>
>> When I run a certain service check on my server via the shell it works
>> fine.
>>
>> However after adding it to Nagios, using exactly the same parameters,
>> it failes and the message "Service check did not exit properly" appears
>> in my Nagios interface.
>>
>> How can I debug this? I've enabled debug logging in nagios.cfg but
>> the log file still tell me very little.
>>
> can you provide more detail about your configuration ? and the script
> exit codes ?

Sure Assaf.
Here is my command configuration:

define command{
         command_name    check_email_delivery_static
         command_line    /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_email_delivery
-H imap.testdomain.local --mailfrom nagios-test at testdomain.local
--mailto mail-delivery-test at testdomain.local --username
testdomain\\\\\\\\mbox.maildelivery --password S0m3p4ss0123 -w 10 -c 90
--smtp-server 192.168.1.59 --imapssl --libexec /usr/local/nagios/libexec
}

And when I run this in the shell the output is:

root at nagios:~# /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_email_delivery -H
imap.testdomain.local --mailfrom nagios-test at testdomain.local --mailto
mail-delivery-test at testdomain.local --username
testdomain\\\\\\\\mbox.maildelivery --password S0m3p4ss0123 -w 10 -c 90
--smtp-server 192.168.1.59 --imapssl --libexec /usr/local/nagios/libexec
EMAIL DELIVERY OK - 6 seconds, 6 delay | delay=6s;10;90;0 elapsed=6s
root at nagios:~#

And yes, I need 8 backslashes -- i'm using LikewiseOpen on my IMAP
server so I can log in with Active Directory users. These eight slashes
are translated to a single one, testdomain\user. Silly but works.

I am using check_email_delivery version 0.6.9, the latest ver. from
http://buhacoff.net/software/check_email_delivery/

Re,
JS