define service with multiple contactgroups

Robert Eden rmeden at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 05:47:01 CET 2011

I've recently taken over our Nagios config so am still learning, but we
seem to do something similar using two services, they just have the same
description.  You can't tell there are two services when looking at the
alerts or web pages.

(example syntax below, probably full or errors)

define service{
    service_description              Load
    use                              tpl-service-standard
    servicegroups                    sgrp-check-standard
    check_command                    check_nrpe!check_load
    hostgroup_name                   win-hosts
    contactgroup			    win-admins
}

define service{

    service_description              Load
    use                              tpl-service-standard
    servicegroups                    sgrp-check-standard
    check_command                    check_nrpe!check_load
    hostgroup_name                   unix-hosts
    contactgroup			    unix-admins
}