A question on using send_nsca

steve f a31modela at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 22 18:33:44 CET 2011

Thanks very much Jar, that worked

regards,

Steve

From: Jarlath.Lyons at Tideworks.com
To: nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 17:22:05 +0000
Subject: Re: [Nagios-users] A question on using send_nsca

This example on a linux system should help ….

[root at jlyonslx test_harness]# /usr/bin/printf "HOST\tSERVICE\tCRITICAL\tMy Message ....\n"  | /usr/local/nagios/addons/nsca/send_nsca -H localhost -p 5667
 -c ./nsca_send.cfg
1 data packet(s) sent to host successfull

Jar Lyons

Senior Software Engineer

Tideworks Technology, Inc.

(206) 344-3016