Create services dynamically for a specific host

Yueh-Hung Liu yuehung.liu at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 16:18:04 CET 2011

no.
you have to define the services before Nagios can "display" them,
otherwise Nagios won't know where the passive checks it received
should go, this is the rule.
but maybe you can do a trick: while a passive check occurs, create a
config file "dynamically" for the subject service, restart Nagios to
read the new config file, then issue an external command to set the
status of the service.
just an idea, no detail now.