SOLVED - WARNING: Unknown contact keyword: serviceescalation

Chad Rhyner crhyner at box.net
Tue Mar 15 18:29:28 CET 2011

Well, I found this issue, and it was not related to nagios at all.  I was
looking in the wrong place.  The issue stemmed from a Python module, and as
it parsed the Nagios configuration, it did not recognize hostescalation and
serviceescalation, which printed out the messages that we had in the Daily
Status report that we were examining.  So, it was not my configuration as I
expected, and it was the supporting module that reported this.

~Chad