service notification logged but not done

Paul M. Dubuc work at paul.dubuc.org
Thu Mar 10 15:03:59 CET 2011

Could it be that your scripts are stored on an NFS mounted filesystem or other
networked storage? (What is $USER1$ defined to be?)  If so, maybe you're
having intermittent problems with access.  Using local storage for the scripts
will solve this problem.  You might find some evidence of the problem by
turning on debugging in Nagios and looking at it's debug output (see
debug_file, debug_level and debug_verbosity parameters in nagios.cfg.

Hope this helps,
Paul Dubuc