Monitoring CA ArcServe

Rafael Henrique da Silva Correia rafaelhenriqu at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 13:07:29 CET 2011

Good morning everyone,

Anybody ever used this script:

http://exchange.nagios.org/directory/Plugins/Backup-and-Recovery/ArcServe/CA-ARCserve-Backup-r12-Number-of-Job-Error-Check/details

To monitor the CA ArcServe?

I'm having several problems, NRPE_NT and NSClient + + can not return the
server response to the problem is that Nagios in the call:

function CMD (ByRef cmdline)
September oShell = WScript.CreateObject ("WScript.Shell")
September oExec oShell.Exec = (cmdline)

oExec.StdOut.Readall ret = ()
September oExec = nothing: Set oShell = nothing

CMD = ret
End Function

I have trouble making the call to "Shell" in Rwindows Server 2008 x64.
The error I always get the server is: CHECK_NRPE: Socket timeout after
10 seconds.
I've changed my command_timeout values and using the parameter -t (to
change timeout) on check_nrpe (Nagios server), but always ends with the
Socket timeout when I do that blessed call Shell.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

OFF: I was seeing things as monitor Nagios with Python, how to do this
is to monitor RWindows?

--
Rafael Henrique da Silva Correia
http://abraseucodigo.blogspot.com