check_openmanage internal error

Trond Hasle Amundsen t.h.amundsen at usit.uio.no
Tue Mar 8 10:22:57 CET 2011

Adam Caines <acaines at lab.icc.edu> writes:

> Having a strange problem with check_openmanage.  Use it without error on many
> other systems.  Any help would be appreciated.
>
> check_openmanage version: 3.6.5 (.exe version)
> Dell OMSA version: 6.4.0
> OS: Windows Server 2008 R2
> Hardware: Poweredge 1950 with PERC 6/i and PERC 6/e connected to MD1120
>
> ----
>
> check_openmanage output:
>
> OK - System: 'PowerEdge 1950 III', SN: 'XXXXXXX', 8 GB ram (4 dimms), 2 logical
> drives, 28 physical drives
> INTERNAL ERROR: Use of uninitialized value in numeric lt (<) at script/
> check_openmanage line 4634.
> INTERNAL ERROR: Use of uninitialized value in numeric lt (<) at script/
> check_openmanage line 4634.
> INTERNAL ERROR: Use of uninitialized value in numeric lt (<) at script/
> check_openmanage line 4634.
> INTERNAL ERROR: Use of uninitialized value in numeric lt (<) at script/
> check_openmanage line 4634.
> INTERNAL ERROR: Use of uninitialized value in numeric lt (<) at script/
> check_openmanage line 4634.
> INTERNAL ERROR: Use of uninitialized value in numeric lt (<) at script/
> check_openmanage line 4634.
> INTERNAL ERROR: Use of uninitialized value $level in numeric eq (==) at script/
> check_openmanage line 4637.
> INTERNAL ERROR: Use of uninitialized value $level in numeric eq (==) at script/
> check_openmanage line 4637.
> INTERNAL ERROR: Use of uninitialized value $level in numeric eq (==) at
>
> ----
>
> If I run check_openmanage --no-storage the errors are not present:

Hi Adam,

Interesting. This is the status of the device (as reported by omreport)
that is garbled somehow. The plugin will set the status to 'Unknown' if
the field is missing or empty, so this means that omreport is reporting
the status as something new that check_openmanage doesn't recognize.

That you're getting so many of them (and you have established that it's
a storage issue), makes me think that it is related to physical disks.

We need to see what omreport says about storage, in particular the disk
drives. Can you send the output from

  omreport storage pdisk controller=X

where 'X' is the controller number (0,1) , for each of the controllers.
If the Status field is 'Ok' for all the disks, we need to look further.

Cheers,
--
Trond H. Amundsen <t.h.amundsen at usit.uio.no>
Center for Information Technology Services, University of Oslo