Next Scheduled Check: A Year from Monday???

Gary Lawrence Murphy garym at teledyn.com
Mon Mar 7 14:44:22 CET 2011

ok, I don't know about Monday per se but we have this very annoying
behaviour that has emerged with Nagios 3.0.6 (current package under Debian
GNU/Linux 5.0) where the Next Scheduled Check will spontaneously be set to a
time one year and one day from the previous check

Next Scheduled Check:  2012-01-06 10:09:49
there does not appear to be any logical cause other than the time when the
alert was defined; some time ago we split one of our alerts into two so as
to assign different timeperiods to each, and now we find that when this bug
happens it frequently (but not always) happens to these alerts, but today it
also happened to another alert that does not use our added timeperiods.

I did a google hunt for the symptom and only found a tip to ensure we do not
have two instances of Nagios running at once; we do not. I also removed the
new timeperiods from the check_period and notification_period in the service
definitions, but here today the problem persists and of course we notice it
when a critical alert is reported to us by our clients and not by our
service monitor :(

Has anyone else experienced this?
--
*Have Blog, Will Travel: blog.teledyn.com*
*A Serviceable Substitute: post.teledyn.com*