Strange timeout discrepancy

Boyer, Timothy A. Timothy.Boyer at opm.gov
Fri Mar 4 14:57:20 CET 2011

I'm getting the usual nrpe timeout on a slow network here.  Error messages says

CHECK_NRPE: Socket timeout after 30 seconds.

And normally know how to fix it.  The really strange thing is that the client has timeouts set to 60 in nrpe.cfg:

command_timeout=60

and the nrpe call itself is being done with a timeout of 60:

        command_line    $USER1$/check_nrpe -H cabot -t 60 -c check_local_info

with the check_local_info being my own shell script.

So is there another place that the '30' timeout could possibly be coming from?

Thanks much...