Monitoring unmounted partition

Clyde Jones cjones at exelixis.com
Fri Mar 4 01:54:27 CET 2011

Javier Rivera <mailto:jrivera at skisa.com> wrote:
>   Good Morning,
>
> Im having a problem with check_nrpe. Im monitoring a
> partition /mnt/XXXX2 f.e. If i dont have this partition
> mounted, it just returns the value of "/" witout sending any error.
>
> How can i get an alert when the partition isn`t mounted.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Sorry for my english. I write it also in spanish, if u use a
> translator maybe u understand me better.
>
> Estoy teniendo un problema con check_nrpe. Estoy
> monitorizando la partición /mnt/XXXX2 por ejemplo. Si no
> tengo esta partición montada, me devuelve la información de "/" y no da
> ningún error.
>
> ¿Como puedo hacer para que salte alerta cuando no esta montada?.
>

> Gracias

Sorry just seeing this
 check_mount will return information about the mount point even if it is unmounted.  I am planning to use check_logs.pl for checking to make sure automounts are present.  I have check_logs.pl check the /proc/mounts for the correct string.

Something like
[root at stuff ]# /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_logs.pl -s /dev/shm/mntck -l /proc/mounts -p auto.home
mounts => (1): /etc/auto.home /home autofs rw,fd=18,pgrp=5283,timeout=300,minproto=5,maxproto=5,indirect 0 0;

--
Clyde Jones
R&D Informatics
cjones at exelixis.com
Exelixis Inc
650 837 7085 Office
650 228 4699 Cell

This email (including any attachments) may contain material
that is confidential and privileged and is for the sole use of
the intended recipient. Any review, reliance or distribution by
others or forwarding without express permission is strictly
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender and delete all copies.
Exelixis, Inc. reserves the right, to the extent and under
circumstances permitted by applicable law, to retain, monitor
and intercept e-mail messages to and from its systems.