it works: Active Directory Authentication with Domain Group

Scott Lofland SLofland at slco.org
Tue Jun 21 15:57:11 CEST 2011

From: Pipitone Alan (External) [mailto:Alan.Pipitone.Guest at saipem.com]
Sent: Monday, June 20, 2011 12:41 AM
To: nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Nagios-users] it works: Active Directory Authentication with Domain Group

Hi all

I and my colleague have developed a new method of authentication for Nagios and NagVis.

Our work allows you to authenticate users against Active Directory and if users are member of the correct Domain Group, They will see hosts and services enabled for that group. They can even use the single sign on (sso) if enabled on their browser. However, you can use our method with almost all Nagios web interfaces and other web pages.

In our environment all this work like a charm.

Our code has been tested on Nagios 3.2.3 and Nagvis 1.5.7 but i think that can be used also with other versions without problem.

Here the project: http://exchange.nagios.org/directory/Addons/Frontends-%28GUIs-and-CLIs%29/Others/Nagios-3A-Active-Directory-Authentication/details
Alan Pipitone
http://www.alan-pipitone.com

This looks great!  I've been looking for something like this but hadn't had time to fiddle with anything.  We'll give it a whirl as well and let you know how it works.

Thanks!

Scott Lofland