"Return code of 141 is out of bounds" Error in Nagios 3.2.3

Terry Carmen terry at cnysupport.com
Mon Jun 20 04:54:32 CEST 2011

Quoting Rai Ricafrente <maillist at ricafrente.com>:

> The output returns OK status when run manually. It seems that the error
> occurs at random times, but as mentioned, will eventually go away. If the
> plugin is the issue, the error should be persistent.

The plugin isn't handling one or more input conditions correctly and is returning an out-of-bounds value. This is the only possible cause I'm aware of for that message. It's very specific.

You should be able to examine the plugin's source code and see what conditions could trigger it.

FWIW, this is a bug in the plugin, since anything besides OK, Warning or Critical should be returned as "Unknown" (4).

Terry