Fwd: Question about NDOUtils DB population

Michael Friedrich michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at
Tue Jun 7 19:37:37 CEST 2011

On 07.06.2011 18:28, Gene Horodecki wrote:
> Ok yes my retain_state_information=1, and use_retained_program_state=1
> so I am ok there.

retention.dat should be written accordingly to this information.

> I will set config_output_options=3 and restart the environment.
>
> How long can I expect to run before all the configuration data gets
> populated?

that depends on your config size and the interferring housekeeping on
the overall startup procedure. but most likely when the core starts
checking hosts and services, the population should be completed either way.
make sure ndo2db is running while restarting/reloading nagios core and
maybe tail the debug log to see the queries on the tables ...