Non obvious 127 plugin error

Craig Stewart Craig.Stewart at corp.xplornet.com
Thu Jun 2 19:33:15 CEST 2011

Justin,

I ran across that one as well and set the following in nagios.cfg:

enable_environment_macros=0

This didn't help.  I do have a fairly large config (about 8k hosts and
12k service checks) but I didn't think it was THAT big.

Actually the check_dig command isn't the only one that isn't working.
The "service-notify-by-email" command also barfs on the output of SOME
checks, not all.  This is simply a "printf blah blah blah" command
defined in Nagios, not a compiled plug in. The check_ping command works,
but I understand it's just a wrapper for the ping command itself.  A
number of custom bash and perl check commands work, but admittedly I
simply pass the $HOSTNAME$ to them as an argument.

I've rewritten the DNS-Check command so that everything except the
$HOSTNAME$ is "hard coded" but I don't think this will work.  I'm
admittedly grasping at straws now.  This is what the command line will
look like:

/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_dns -s $HOSTADDRESS$ -H www.xplornet.com
-a 142.166.86.46 -w 0.25 -c 5 -t 10

Craig