Non obvious 127 plugin error

Craig Stewart Craig.Stewart at corp.xplornet.com
Thu Jun 2 15:58:00 CEST 2011

Giorgio,

It's bash.

[root at nms tmp]# ls -l /bin/sh
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 4 May 31 11:39 /bin/sh -> bash
[root at nms tmp]#

I've been doing a bit of reading and it looks like the maximum arguments
is a kernel setting built at compile time.  I'm having a hard time
wrapping my head around how the check works when run directly and fails
when called by the Nagios process.

I'm starting to wonder if I should point the /bin/sh to something like
csh or some such as a test.

Craig
--
Craig Stewart