Notifications configuration problem

Matthew Pounsett matt at conundrum.com
Thu Jun 2 15:17:53 CEST 2011

On 2011-06-02, at 01:44, Michael Vaknine wrote:

> I am monitoring some servers on a different site and usuing ADSL line for this.
> I have problems with the ADSL Each time I get a notification that a server is down and then after 5seconds I get a notification that the server is up again.
> Is there a way to configure a notification that Nagios will think that it has a problem only if it is persistent more than 5 minutes or so?

For this you use max_check_attempts.   This tells nagios how many times in a row the check must be in a non-OK state before it sends an alert.  Combining max_check_attempts with the two interval settings (check_interval, retry_interval) determines how much time passes while those checks are being done.

<http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/nagioscore/3/en/objectdefinitions.html#service>