Bug?: Custom notifications ignore contact notification options

Paul M. Dubuc work at paul.dubuc.org
Wed Jul 27 23:00:31 CEST 2011

I just discovered what looks like a possible bug in the "Send custom
host/service notification" command in Nagios 3.2.3.  When I use this command
to send an OK status notification, it goes to all contacts, even ones that are
only supposed to receive CRITICAL notifications.  The command description says
that

"Custom notifications normally follow the regular notification logic in
Nagios. Selecting the Forced option will force the notification to be sent
out, regardless of the time restrictions, whether or not notifications are
enabled, etc. Selecting the Broadcast option causes the notification to be
sent out to all normal (non-escalated) and escalated contacts. These options
allow you to override the normal notification logic if you need to get an
important message out."

I didn't use either the Forced or Broadcast option and the OK status
notification goes to contacts that have only 'c' (critical) or 'd' (down) for
their service/host_notification_options and escalation_options.  Is this a
bug?  Seems like this should only happen if the Broadcast option is checked.

Got Input?   Slashdot Needs You.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/slashdot-survey