few questions that I cant find any info on

Jonathan Aquilina eagles051387 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 09:23:16 CEST 2011

Hey guys first time poster to the list, but I have been using this great
program for a few weeks now, I have a few questions

1) I have been requested to work with some scripts and the first one im
workign with is for the CISCO ACE 4700 Load balancer.

i have the command defined in nagios ql command definitions. the command
i am passing is as follows

$USER1$/cisco_ace_failover -H PRIMARY IP -P SECONDARY IP -C $ARG1$

where $ARG1$ i am passing the variable i created for each hosts snmp
community that its a part of.

When i set this command to active I get the following.

Service check command COMMAND NAME specified in service SERVICE NAME for
host HOST NAME not defined anywhere.

Where should I define the command.

2) I noticed there is a check called check_local_mrtgtraf can that check
be adapted for remote hosts to check and monitor bandwidth on a CISCO
ASA and ACE device. Also is it feasible to do hourly daily weekly
monthly and yearly checks on bandwidth usage.

Last question

3) i have a check which monitors ram usage, how do I specify a range
that will trigger a warning then once it goes above that range it goes
critical. Currently I am doing this using an snmp check.