compiling for solaris 10

DA VILA, LUCAS (LUCAS) lucas.da_vila at alcatel-lucent.com
Fri Jul 8 23:45:43 CEST 2011

Hi users,

I'm trying to compile NPRE and de nagios plugins on a Sun/SPARC Solaris 10 server.

I've managed to compile and install NPRE modifying a little de source, and disabling SSL.
But when I want to compile de nagios plugins an error occurs with the linker.

I'm compiling nrpe-2.12.tar.gz nagios-plugins-1.4.11.tar.gz with cc the default compiler on our system (no GCC)

This is the output running a make in 'plugins' folder

root at ALUSPARC02$ make
/bin/bash ../libtool --tag=CC --mode=link cc  -g   -L. -o check_apt  check_apt.o utils.o ../lib/libnagiosplug.a ../gl/libgnu.a runcmd.o -lnsl -lsocket
cc -g -o check_apt check_apt.o utils.o runcmd.o  -L/users/adsl/nagios-plugins-1.4.11/plugins ../lib/libnagiosplug.a ../gl/libgnu.a -lnsl -lsocket
floor                               check_apt.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to check_apt
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `check_apt'

I've tried to remove check_apt from the make file, but the error repeats with another check_* (check_cluster, check_disk)

Also run the isolated command
root at ALUSPARC02$ cc -g -o check_apt check_apt.o utils.o runcmd.o
die                                 check_apt.o
floor                               check_apt.o
rpl_getopt_long                     check_apt.o
rpl_optarg                          check_apt.o
rpl_regfree                         check_apt.o
rpl_regexec                         check_apt.o
rpl_regcomp                         check_apt.o
asprintf                            utils.o
rpl_regerror                        check_apt.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to check_apt

I've search on google about this and found some pages, but didn't get errors with the compilation of the plugins.
Anyone have an idea with this error?

Thanks in advance,
Best regards

Lucas