omreport and check_openmanage

Trond Hasle Amundsen t.h.amundsen at usit.uio.no
Mon Jul 4 10:14:57 CEST 2011

Emilio Bruna <emilio.bruna at heliman.it> writes:

> Omsa version is 6.2.0.1
> so: windows 2008 storage server SP2
> Hardware is Dell NX 300 Storage server (a derivate of R410 or R310 i think)

This combination should be ok. I don't know the NX300, but if it's based
on the R310 or R410 it shouldn't be a problem. There was a bug in
check_openmanage related to power monitoring on the R410, but this was
fixed in version 3.6.5 of the plugin. Are you using the latest version
of check_openmanage, which is 3.6.8?

Also, would it be possible for you to upgrade OMSA to the latest
version, 6.5.0?

This really is an OMSA issue. If the power supplies don't support power
monitoring, omreport should just that say that and check_openmanage is
happy. But in your case, OMSA is responding with an error.

One last tip. In some cases I've seen that certain capabilities in OMSA
depends on BIOS and/or firmware versions. You should verify that the
BIOS and firmware is relatively up-to-date.

Regards,
--
Trond H. Amundsen <t.h.amundsen at usit.uio.no>
Center for Information Technology Services, University of Oslo