Problem with check_disk_smb

Rob Hillis rob at hillis.dyndns.org
Sun Jul 3 12:17:16 CEST 2011

I'm having a problem getting check_disk_smb going on my Nagios setup.

When I run check_disk_smb from the command line on my Nagios server, I
get the following:-

#./check_disk_smb -H 10.10.1.8 -s shared -u <removed> -p <removed> -W
<removed> -w 90% -c 95%
Disk ok - 13.19G (26%) free on \\10.10.1.8\<removed>

However, when I configure check_disk_smb as a monitor, I get the
following status:-

**ePN /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_disk_smb: "Invalid conversion in
sprintf: "%A" at /usr/lib/nagios3/p1.pl line 81,".

The service is configured as followed in services.cfg:-

define service {
                 service_description                   check_disk_smb
                 check_command
                 host_name                             HSVFIL001S
                 check_period                          24x7
                 notification_period                   24x7
                 contact_groups                        admins
                 notification_interval                 15
                 notification_options                  w,u,c,r
                 max_check_attempts                    3
                 check_interval                        5
                 retry_interval                        1
                 active_checks_enabled                 1
                 passive_checks_enabled                0
                 notifications_enabled                 1
                 check_freshness                       0
                 freshness_threshold                   86400
                 use
Default_collector_server,Default_monitor_server,Default_timeperiod_interval_10
}

check_disk_smb is defined in checkcommands.cfg as follows:-

define command {
                 command_name                          check_disk_smb
                 command_line
$USER1$/check_disk_smb -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -s %ARG1% -W $ARG2$ -u $ARG3$ -p
$ARG4$ -w $ARG5$ -c $ARG6$
}

I'm running Nagios 3.2.0 on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS installed via apt-get.  The
config files are generated by NConf 1.2.6-1.  I've defined several other
services with arguments (admittedly not six of them) without problems.
I've tried defining the command with all the arguments hard-coded and it
hasn't made a difference.

Googling has only revealed someone asking a very similar question to me
(http://osdir.com/ml/network.nagios.devel/2006-11/msg00007.html) but
no-one appears to have answered this question.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a solution to this issue?  I do
have check_smb running fine, which is a start, however I'm trying to be
sure that network authentication is working properly since I'm running a
Samba 4 DC (the target for this check is running Samba 3) and
occasionally Samba 4 stops authenticating properly - it's this situation
I'm trying to catch.