Whoops! Could not read object configuration data!

crishna at videotron.ca crishna at videotron.ca
Sat Jul 2 22:57:00 CEST 2011

Hi Community!

i have a little problem here with Nagios (web interface).

i have the following message from all menu items from the left pannel :

Whoops!
Error: Could not read object configuration data!
Here are some things you should check in order to resolve this error:
Verify configuration options using the -v command-line option to check for errors.
Check the Nagios log file for messages relating to startup or status data errors.

i did struggled the past 2 days with this issue. going over all config files i could think off, and even installed a VM with a linux to compare configs. but still the same issue...
i am running
fedora 15 64 bits, 2.6.38.8-32.fc15.x86_64
nagios 3.2.3 october 03, 2010
i think nagios is working fine, because i get the email warnings of my failed servers/services.
the nagios -v command returns no error at all.
my guess is that httpd (apache) is in cause here. i tried the default config from the RPM packages, no luck.
when i installed it on the VM, it worked like a charm, so i tried the nagios.cfg, httpd.conf, cgi.conf, well all config frommy VM to my server, same issue.
next step, i looked the file ownerships, properties and applied the same ownership settings from the VM to my server, still the same problem.
i tried also to put debug message very verbose on nagios and apache, nothing showed up.
my login is working fine as well from the nagios web page, username password are valids.
anyone came accros this issue ?
if requested, i can provide all my configs. it used to work few weeks ago, but my raid array broke so i had to reinstall rfom scratch... since then, something seems deffective.
any help would be appreciated!
best regards, Francois