Antwort: RE: MRTG graphs problem - measurement units not taken into consideration

Jim Avery jim at jimavery.me.uk
Sat Jul 2 10:57:34 CEST 2011

On 2 July 2011 07:36,  <Radu.Popa at technomatic.de> wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> Can you please give some guidelines how to customize the PNP4Nagios
> background page? I have tried using the $conf['graph_opt'] = "--watermark
> 'Test'" option, but it does not take it. Also modifications done on the
> background.pdf file are not updated. Already restarted apache and nagios
> services. In general I would like to add some logos and/or text.

I can't say I've ever tried that.  I would think you need to append to
rather than replace the graph options though, so wouldn't it be ..

  $conf['graph_opt'] .= " --watermark 'Test'"

(note the ".=" rather than just "=" and the space added before --watermark )

I don't have my Nagios system to hand at the moment so can't take a
look myself.  Remind me on Monday if you're still stuck and I'll have
a play with that myself.

Another option is to create some graphs outside of PNP altogether (but
using the .rrd databases created by PNP).  See:

http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/doc/rrdcgi.en.html

Again, I can dig out some examples for you if you remind me during the
week (or do a search - I'm sure we've covered this topic before either
here or on the PNP email list some time in the last few months).