What happened during night for services that failed and timeperiod was off

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Mon Jan 31 17:13:27 CET 2011

On 01/31/2011 10:21 AM, Tntteam wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> I'm wondering if there is a way to make nagios send notification for
> services which failed during non notification timeperiod ?
>
> I mean if I define a service with a timeperiod for ntifications from
> 7am to 7pm, and the service fails at 4am, there will be no
> notification sent unless I set up a resend notification interval.
>
> There are services that doesn't need a resend plus I want all missed
> notification to be sent at 7am.
>
> Like a night notification digest, or "what happened from 7pm to 7 am"
> to be sent at 7am, when the service enters in the notification_send
> period.

The easiest way would be to parse your status_file and see which
objects changed to a hard non-OK state less than 12 hours ago,
formatting the found objects neatly and sending the resulting
text as an email to whoever is interested. For bonus points,
make the script also parse objects.cache and send each contact
a bulk notification about "their" hosts and services.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

on peace.