check_openmanage: "Amperage probe 0 [System Board System Level] reads 0 W"

Trond Hasle Amundsen t.h.amundsen at usit.uio.no
Thu Jan 27 17:43:16 CET 2011

"Tom Sommer" <mail at tomsommer.dk> writes:

> After upgrading OpenManage to version 6.4.0 on a DELL R410,
> check_openmanage 3.6.4 returns
>
> CRITICAL: Amperage probe 0 [System Board System Level] reads 0 W
>
> Is this due to OpenManage changing behavior (bug), or is the hardware
> really faulty? (doubtful) :)

Hi Tom,

Most likely this is some sort of bug in OpenManage, or something went
wrong during upgrade. You should confirm the fault by running

  omreport chassis pwrmonitoring

Investigate the "Status" field. The only accepted value is "Ok".

> I know I could just disable amperage checks, but I'd like not to.
>
> Anyone else seen this?

Sorry, no. Very often these problems are resolved simply by restarting
OpenManage on the monitored server, or a reboot. The next step is to
re-install OpenManage in case something was missed during
install/upgrade. If all else fails, contact Dell support.

Cheers,
--
Trond H. Amundsen <t.h.amundsen at usit.uio.no>
Center for Information Technology Services, University of Oslo