servicedependency problem

Deborah Martin Deborah.Martin at Kognitio.com
Thu Jan 27 17:26:17 CET 2011

Jorn,
You haven't mentioned which version of Nagios is running so I'll assume it's
3.2.0 which is the same as mine...

I think I'd translate your servicedependency definition differently :-

"If functionality_LB is in w,c,u state don't do functionality_cl1 because
funcationality_cl1 relies on functionality_LB to be in a non
warning,critical or unknown state for functionality_cl1 to work ?

define servicedependency {
        host_name                      s.test.com
        service_description            functionality_LB  <--- Parent
        dependent_service_description  functionality_cl1 <--- Child
        execution_failure_criteria     w,c,u
        notification_failure_criteria  w,c,u
        dependent_hostgroup_name       hg_test
}

Think of a parent-child relationship where a "child" check should only run
if the "parent" is running ok. And if the "parent" is in a specific state
(w,c,u) surpress the "child" check and also notifications. So
functionality_LB is the parent and functionality_cl1 is the child in your
case.

Hope that helps / makes sense.

Regards,
Deborah