servicedependency problem

Gaertner, Joern joern.gaertner at wirecard.com
Thu Jan 27 16:26:43 CET 2011

Hi,

I have a problem with servicedendencies.

My config looks like this:

define servicedependency {
        host_name                      s.test.com
        execution_failure_criteria     w,c,u
        service_description            functionality_LB
        dependent_service_description  functionality_cl1
        notification_failure_criteria  w,c,u
        dependent_hostgroup_name       hg_test
}

If I am not wrong this should translate to:

Do always functionality_LB on s.test.com. If functionality_LB is in state w,c,u do functionality_cl1 on hg_test but  not if functionality_LB is in state OK.

But it doesn't work.

functionality_LB is in state OK.

If I go in the web frontend on the details for check functionality_cl1 I can see the last check is always less than 3 min ago and new cheks are always scheduled.

Does anyone know what is going wrong here?

Thanks

Jörn