NRPE- Log files in syslog

Jeffrey Watts jeffrey.w.watts at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 00:14:22 CET 2011

You really ought to read up on syslog and how it works.  It can do
everything you're asking.  The whole point of the syslog service is to
abstract logging from the application - so that it can be centralized,
filtered, separated, etc.  :)

Try (depends on which syslog you have running, ps can help you figure that
out):
man 5 syslog.conf
man 5 syslog-ng.conf

That will help you with the format of the configuration file.  If you're not
familiar with the concepts of syslog in general, I'd recommend googling.

Good luck!
Jeffrey.