Problem with check_openmanage

Trond Hasle Amundsen t.h.amundsen at usit.uio.no
Mon Jan 24 21:19:54 CET 2011

Jeffrey Watts <jeffrey.w.watts at gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks Trond!  That seems to have fixed it.  Here's what I see now:
>
> ./check_openmanage -H pkc-search28 -C tomgeco
> Power Supply 0 [AC] needs attention: Presence detected, Failure detected, AC lost
> Voltage sensor 14 [PS 2 Voltage 2] is Unknown reading
>
> It comes up correctly now as a CRIT, too.

Good, thanks for reporting back. I'll include this fix in the next
release. The problem was that where the reading is not available, the
plugin assumes that the reading is discrete (i.e. not a number but
"good", "bad" etc.). This assumption is wrong in cases where the reading
is NOT discrete and simply not available via SNMP. The fixed version
will set the reading to "Unknown reading" when the reading can't be
obtained.

(However, this situation shouldn't occur at all if OMSA it behaving as
it should. Pulling the cable on one power supply would normally lead to
a reading of 0 volts for that voltage probe.)

Cheers,
--
Trond H. Amundsen <t.h.amundsen at usit.uio.no>
Center for Information Technology Services, University of Oslo