[BULK] - Re: monitoring file content

Maurer, Michael Michael.Maurer at mosolf.de
Thu Jan 20 17:54:52 CET 2011

Thanks Ritchie!
I´m going to try it next week

kind regards
Michael

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: mail at catsnest.co.uk [mailto:mail at catsnest.co.uk]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 20. Januar 2011 17:19
An: Nagios Users List
Betreff: [BULK] - Re: [Nagios-users] monitoring file content

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 10:40 AM, Maurer, Michael <Michael.Maurer at mosolf.de> wrote:
> hi folks,

Hi,

> i`d like to monitor the content of a txt file on a remote windows host.
>
> The file will be formated like:
>
> value1: 1009
> value2: 156
> value3: 7889
> value4: 9981
> valueN: .....
>
> I have to set warning and critical ranges for each value separately.
> (value1 warn=500, crit = 1500 / value2 warn = 100, crit = 500 etc...)
>
> The file will be deleted and newly created if one of the values changes.
>
> Does anybody know how to do that? thanks in advance!

I use a check something similar, I (badly) wrote a Perl script for the check.
It runs on Solaris though so would need fiddling for windows /ActivePerl.
Plus its expecting data in the format 'value1:1234 value2:1234 value3:4567'
So again would need playing with to work how you want it to...

I have attached the script and some config files.
HTH
Ritchie

--
Fnord...