Weird failure-to-count error

Steven Schwartz sschwartz at gracenote.com
Mon Jan 17 20:59:27 CET 2011

I have a test (proprietary internal test) that runs, reports critical (not surprising, as it's doing a web submit to a non-running webserver), which then fails again every 15 minutes; and never moves from "Current Attempt: 1/3", and therefore does not notify.

Interestingly enough, the subsequent failures do not log; the only way I was able to tell that, in fact, they had failed was checking the "Last Check Time" and "Next Scheduled Active Check" and seeing them advance, while the "Current Attempt" remained stable.

The "Current State Duration" is updated correctly, but it still does not page.

Has anyone seen a problem like this before, and if so, what did you do to fix it?

Steven Schwartz
Unix Systems Administrator,
Gracenote, Inc.