tracking AWStats systems?

Ray Kiddy ray at ganymede.org
Fri Jan 14 21:55:28 CET 2011

I know that there are a huge number of web sites that nagios could track in different ways. But it seems to me that AWStats is commonly used and of interest to the people who also use nagios. So, does anyone have a suggestion for this?

We have several AWStats systems and we want to check things like, is it still logging, is it seeing only 0 hits for some reason, is traffic dropping below or above some certain level, and are certain types of hits appearing?

I suppose a nagios plugin can check the apache logs directly. But we appreciate using AWStats and it would be nice to enable nagios to check if the AWStats systems we have are working.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

thanx - ray