Inventory plugin

Joe Beck JBeck at urbn.com
Thu Jan 13 08:24:06 CET 2011

In researching a bit I found openaudit & onecmdb in terms of asset & inventory systems with some integration (or at least mention of it) with nagios.
I’m wondering if anyone’s integrated facter?
I don’t have a strong preference for any but looking for a product that’s a good fit & is still actively being developed.
I’ve recently added openmanage (check_openmanage) which provides a good bit of config/inventory info but looking for something more in line with what facter preaches--Description: a library for retrieving facts from operating systems
 A cross-platform Ruby library for retrieving facts from operating systems.
 Supports multiple resolution mechanisms, any of which can be restricted to
 working only on certain operating systems or environments. Facter is
 especially useful for retrieving things like operating system names, IP
 addresses, MAC addresses, and SSH keys.

I know this is tied closely into puppet which another tool we’re looking at here.

The goal is to continue to leverage nagios, nrpe & pnp4nagios & build on this—these tools all integrate extremely well with no heavy development or web/php coding req’d.

Thanks for sharing any info on this,
Joe