Check_hpjd

Mister IT Guru misteritguru at gmx.com
Mon Jan 10 15:07:42 CET 2011

On 10/01/2011 13:58, Paul Williamson wrote:
>> I'm still attempting to make progress on this issue, and it's
>> confusing me. Surely the plugin doesn't uses it;s own snmp engine,
>> it would make more sense to use to the OS to make those calls. I
>> can use the OS to talk to my printers, so can I be safe in
>> assuming that the plugin should be able to as well?

Have you run the check manually in debug or verbose mode?
I didn't realize there was a check_hpdj plugin.  Went looking
for it, found it, and installed it without much issue.

What is the response from the printer for the following?

snmpwalk -v 1 -c<community string>  <ip.address.of.printer>  private.enterprises.11.2.3.9.1.1.3

It should respond "Ready".  If it doesn't, there's something wrong.

Paul

I ran the following on my system, and this is the response that I got.

[root at host ~]# snmpwalk -v 1 -c public printer1.mydomain.com private.enterprises.11.2.3.9.1.1.3

Returns no response, no error message, just returns me to the CLI

--
The Solo System Admin
http://solosysad.blogspot.com/