Can I monitor printer status with nagios?

Mister IT Guru misteritguru at gmx.com
Sun Jan 9 19:32:15 CET 2011

On 08/01/2011 15:02, steve f wrote:
> FYI....
>
> http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/monitoring-printers.html
>

> This document describes how you can monitor the status of networked
> printers. Specifically, HP printers that have internal/external
> JetDirect cards/devices, or other print servers (like the Troy
> PocketPro 100S or the Netgear PS101) that support the JetDirect protocol.
> The /check_hpjd/ plugin (which is part of the standard Nagios plugins
> distribution) allows you to monitor the status of JetDirect-capable
> printers which have SNMP enabled. The plugin is capable of detecting
> the following printer states:
>
>     * Paper Jam
>     * Out of Paper
>     * Printer Offline
>     * Intervention Required
>     * Toner Low
>     * Insufficient Memory
>     * Open Door
>     * Output Tray is Full
>     * and more...
>

> Steve

I'm currently having some issues getting this plugin to work, but I do
now have snmp configured on all my printers, and I can contact my
printers via snmp. I'm currently having some issues, but I'm dealing
with that in another thread. When that gets solved, I'm report back if
is solved my problem.

Thanks

--
The Solo System Admin