Can nagios export the configuration that it currently holds?

Mister IT Guru misteritguru at gmx.com
Wed Jan 5 11:22:35 CET 2011

I've wondered if nagios can export the configuration it currently has in
one big file? I'm assuming that it reads in all these configuration
files, it should be able to spit out that same data in some sort of
structured form?

It's just that I feel that nagios, (and not just nagios mind you, a lot
of open source software that read in formatted text based config files),
is such a mature project, that surly, there should be a way to export
the configuration to a txt file at least, so that I can see what nagios
'sees'

It would also be pretty cool if nagios could export the config without
hardcoded variables, so people can paste what nagios sees to the list
for example, and have people help with thier config with out fear of
exposing unique info like IP addresses, host name and such, that are in
out text based configs - I'm always worried when posting my configs for
a lot of apps, apache. bacula, nagios etc. So it would be nice if it did
exist :)