Is it possible for nrpe to send nagios alerts for windows log errors?

Sebastian Ries Sebastian.Ries at dtnet.de
Mon Jan 3 14:04:05 CET 2011

Hi

Am Montag, den 03.01.2011, 11:52 +0000 schrieb Mister IT Guru:
> I was just wondering if there is a plug in that can respond if certain
> events appear in the log. For example, I run GFI, and we have around 50k
> emails a day going through it, as you can imagine, it's a bottleneck,
> and when it goes fubar, the server still runs with no ill effects, other
> than a message in the applications log. As you can imagine, it's most
> annoying to have to manually check every few days, only to find I have
> 10 hour backlog.

I have used this:
https://www.monitoringexchange.org/inventory/Check-Plugins/Operating-Systems/Windows/Enhanced-Windows-eventlog-check
to check a Windows Eventlog with NSClient++.

[NRPE Handlers]
check_intel_raid=scripts\elog.exe --include Source:RAIDService --period
720

This checks for the occurrence of Events with the Source named
"RAIDService" within the last 30 hours.

Be aware that the Service will turn green without beeing repaired after
30 hours as long as it will not be reported anymore.
And it will stay read even if another event shows that the problem was
solved.

But it helps to get informed about the Event.

Hope that helps

Regards
Sebastian Ries

DT Netsolution GmbH -  Talaeckerstr. 30 -  D-70437 Stuttgart
Tel: +49-711-849910-36               Fax: +49-711-849910-936
WEB: http://www.dtnet.de/     email: Sebastian.Ries at dtnet.de