WARNING: Unknown contact keyword: serviceescalation

Chad Rhyner crhyner at box.net
Mon Feb 28 22:47:46 CET 2011

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 12:27 PM, Max Schubert <maxs at webwizarddesign.com>wrote:

> Please respond to the list with the version of Nagios you are using
> and an example contact and/or serviceescalation definition that you
> are using.
>
> - Max

Certainly.  The version I am using is 3.0.6.  Here is a copy of the output:

Nagios 3.0.6
Copyright (c) 1999-2008 Ethan Galstad (http://www.nagios.org)
Last Modified: 12-01-2008
License: GPL

This is being run on a 64-bit Linux machine.  Here is an example of the
serviceescalation definition:

*define serviceescalation{
        hostgroup_name          sms
        service_description     HTTP
        first_notification      1
        last_notification       2
        notification_interval   10
        contact_groups          oncall,email
}
*
Here are the contactgroups related to that serviceescalation:

*define contactgroup{
        contactgroup_name       oncall
        alias                   Oncall
        members                 user1,user2,
}
*
*define contactgroup{
        contactgroup_name       email
        alias                   Email
        members
user1_email,user2_email,user3_email,...usern_email,
}
*
For both contactgroups oncall and email, there is a contact defined for each
user that is named.  I have changed the usernames for privacy reasons.

~Chad