Multi-site frontend options

Max Schubert maxs at webwizarddesign.com
Fri Feb 25 17:28:03 CET 2011

Definitely check out Merlin -  through configuration you can have Nagios
instances communicate events with each other using a few types of
relationships and you can then serialize the data from an instance to a
database for either using their custom UI or making one of your own.

http://www.op5.org/community/plugin-inventory/op5-projects/merlin

When we used it back in early 2010 it was not quite ready with regards to
event distribution but I would think it is more mature by now - definitely
worth spending some proof of concept time on to explore as an option.

We have been using the database serialization portion of Merlin for the last
1.5 years, we have made mods for it to meet our purposes (hope to share some
of that code soon on our github account - one cool thing we added was
threaded MySQL connections from Merlind to the database which increased
throughput tremendously).

- Max