Nagios Core & Remedy Ticketing Integration

Frost, Mark {PBC} mark.frost1 at pepsico.com
Wed Feb 23 20:33:50 CET 2011

We don't use Remedy, but another ticketing system.  In our case, the app (or someone who worked with the app), created a command-line script that you can use to create the actual ticket.  I then created an event handler for a failing service to call that command line utility to create the ticket.  You could really do this via a notification as well depending on what you want as long as you rewrite the notification command to call your "make me a ticket with these parameters" program instead of mail.

I believe the key piece here either way, is whatever way Remedy provides you of opening a ticket from a command line, or worst case, via some web interface that you have Nagios login to in some automated fashion.

Mark