snmp mib's and nsclient 3.8

Tristan Drinkwater tristand at micro-p.com
Wed Feb 23 13:13:06 CET 2011

Hey guys and gals,

I have two questions I hope someone can answer. The first is to do with nsclient 3.8. I currently have 3.3 installed on all my windows servers and I need to be able to use the newer client (3.8) with the older style commands.

I've noticed the alias part of the ini file but could someone explain how to use them please?

My next question is snmp mib related.

I have a netgear wc7520 wireless management controller and I'd like to do some checks against it. Ideally I'd like to know how many clients are connected to the 3 different wireless networks on it (1 on separate VLAN) and the traffic rate it's pumping back out on to my network. I'll also check a ping and system uptime but I can handle those myself.

I haven't been able to find ANY documentation from netgear on the mibs so I did a snmpwalk -v 2c -c public 172.xx.xx.xx > mibs, saved it to the /usr/share/snmp/mibs directory and got the data attached.

I've tried running ./check_snmp -H 172.xx.xx.xx -o DISMAN-EVENT-MIB::mteEventComment."_snmpd".'_linkUp' -C public -P 2c

But all I get is External command error: DISMAN-EVENT-MIB::mteEventComment._snmpd._linkUp: Unknown Object Identifier (Index out of range: _snmpd (mteOwner))

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance :)

Tristan

________________________________
Micro Peripherals Limited.
Registered Office: Shorten Brook Way, Altham Business Park, Altham,
Accrington, Lancs. BB5 5YJ. Tel: (01282) 776776 Fax: (01282) 858790
Micro Peripherals Limited. Registered in England No. 1511931. VAT No. GB 864 4387 91

DISCLAIMER:
This e-mail and attachments are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to
whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of Micro Peripherals Limited.
If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this Email in error and that
any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this Email is strictly prohibited. If this
transmission is received in error please notify the sender immediately and delete this message from
your E-mail system.
All electronic transmissions to and from Micro Peripherals Ltd are recorded and may be monitored.