NAGIOS does not register "Critical" | "Warning" status.

Allan Clark allanc at chickenandporn.com
Tue Feb 22 02:23:54 CET 2011

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 20:02, socomm <socomm at crowbar.cc> wrote:
> I'm having a small problem where Nagios is not registering the status of
> critical or warning when I run a check. In this instance I am using the
> check_nt plug-in, and when ran manually I get exit code of 2 which,
> according to the Nagios API doc
> [CONFIGURATION]
>
> define command {
>        command_name    check_nt_larg
>        command_line   /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_nt -H '$HOSTADDRESS$'
> -p 12489 -v '$ARG1$' -l '$ARG2$'
> }
>

> define service {
>    use                     generic-service
>    hostgroup_name          check-ntsdisk
>    service_description     S:\ Disk Space
>    check_command           check_nt_larg!USEDDISKSPACE!S!-w 80%% -c 90%%
>    notification_interval   15
>    }

Can you confirm that "%%" is needed for a single "%" token?  I don't
remember that being needed, but I don't use "%" in my commands.  I
could see "$" needing doubling up due to token replacement.

Also, see about increasing logging, see if you can log what the actual
command is running as, and what it responds as a result code.  Maybe
proving that the check_nt script is being called in the way you think
it is can help bisect the problem.

Allan
--
allanc at chickenandporn.com  "金鱼" http://linkedin.com/in/goldfish